generating signals while a button is held down

I'm working on an application where I have buttons that need to work like
a keyboard.  More specifically, when you press it it will add a letter to
a GtkEditable and when I hold it down it needs continuously add letters to
that entry until the button is released.  And now that I think about it,
its not a GtkButton its a GtkEventBox thats being used (to accomodate
custom xpm's that make it look nothing like a standard button).

Is there a simple way of doing this?

--
David McGuire | Junior Engineer
BRE Systems

(805) 884.8300 phn
(805) 884.8339 fax

http://www.boxred.com/

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, you
must not copy, forward, distribute or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
notify the sender immediately.