Re: how to set up configure.in for a libglade app

Hey

Ok here's what I do...
Here's what my configure.in looks like (the part which of interest)

dnl Set PACKAGE_GLADE_DIR in config.h
if test "x${prefix}" = "xNONE"; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_GLADE_DIR, "${ac_default_prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/${PACKAGE}/glade")
else
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_GLADE_DIR, "${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/${PACKAGE}/glade")
fi

HTH
Archit Baweja

P.S. You could add another "if" to check if "~/" has been specified and
so use $HOME. hmm, maybe I should add that too.

Joergen Scheibengruber <Joergen Scheibengruber informatik uni-ulm de> writes:

Hi!

I'm currently setting up the autoconf/make environment for my libglade
app and encountered a little problem. When running the app I need to
know where the .glade files for the app are.

I install the glade-files in ${prefix}share/myapp/glade/.

So, I added the following line to configure.in:

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(MYAPPGLADEDIR, "${prefix}/share/myapp/glade/")

But this does not work:
 - when the user does not specify a prefix (MYAPPGLADEDIR =
"NONE/share/myapp/glade/)
 - when the user specifies a prefix beginning with ~/ (the glade loader
doesn't seem to know that ~/ is the homedirectory of the current user)

Does anyone know a better way to achieve the whole thing?

Regards,
Jörgen