Re: GtkTextView sizing

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

Gary Benson <gary inauspicious org> writes:
Without getting into the big picture, the reason you get scrolling is
that the text view's vertical size request exceeds its allocation.
Which means you need to be sure it gets the whole vertical size
request.

Yeah, I was wondering if there is any way to override this
behaviour.

You don't need to write a text editor. I'd copy what GtkTreeView does:
it only pops up a GtkEntry when you click a row to begin editing,
normally it just draws the text itself. Look at the editable treeview
example in gtk-demo to see what I mean.

I'm not 100% happy with this, as it can't handle multi-line text well.
I don't know if that's an issue with Xiao, but I would definitely like
to fix this at some point for GtkCellRendererText.

-Jonathan