Re: knowing if gtk_window_new() has been called

"Petro Verheuvel" <pverheuvel roax nl> writes:

I want to dynamically create and destroy windows. But by i also want to know the current state eg if
it is created or it is destroyed. I guess the only variable i have is the pointer returned by
gtk_window_new(). Can i use this pointer or is there an other method which allows me to check if the
state of the window?

You can't check if a window is destroyed, because the memory has been
freed, and thus the window does not exist to look at.

Or is it wise to create the window once and then dynamically show and hide the window. I use the
VISIBLE variable to see the current state.

You can do this yes.

Havoc