Re: GtkTextView sizing

On 21 Mar 2002, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

You don't need to write a text editor. I'd copy what GtkTreeView does:
it only pops up a GtkEntry when you click a row to begin editing,
normally it just draws the text itself. Look at the editable treeview
example in gtk-demo to see what I mean.

I'm not 100% happy with this, as it can't handle multi-line text well.
I don't know if that's an issue with Xiao, but I would definitely like
to fix this at some point for GtkCellRendererText.

Yeah, this would be a problem, since I want it to be able to handle
arbitrary amounts of text and I want it to be word wrapped. I'd probably
like to capitalize on the capability to have stuff like italic and bold
text in there too.

I guess I need to really get into the guts of how the GtkTextView and the
GtkScrolledView and all the various containers interact with respect to
sizing. It may be that junking the [HV]boxes in XiaoItem and making
XiaoItem be some kind of custom container that better understands what I
want it to do is in order.

Cheers,
Gary

[ gary inauspicious org ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]