Re: gtkglarea & keypresses

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 12:04:34PM -0400, Jim Parker wrote:
G'Day !

I was/am having the same problem.  It appears that I cycle thru the widgets
with each keypress.  On my dialogs I only have the gtkglarea and a button
so the effect is not noticable, but my main window has lots of widgets, and
the entry widgets retain focus after a keypress, so ....

I have not figured out a solution yet.  But it appears you need to set
focus to the gtkglarea and then retain that focus.

hope this helps.

Jim Parker

Thanks for the focus tip.

Well, using GTK_WIDGET_CAN_FOCUS(), I have determined that neither a
GtkGLArea nor a GtkEventBox can receive focus. That kinda sucks. If
an event box it the way to catch events for widgets that dont handle
them, but cant get them itself, whats the point? How am I supposed
to catch key events anywhere? Is this a Gtk issue? Or am I missing
something?

--
Slyder earendel org                  |  "Into the flood again...
Earendel / <insert here>             |   ...if I would, could you?"