Re: C_List Question

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 17:33, Ian Frawley wrote:
Hi everyone

I have been working on an application that displays messages within a clist.

My messages come in at very high speeds and are displayed within my clist.

The problem is that basically the screen freezes up and stops and basically looks like it isn't responding.

I know it's not a resource problem i.e. I am flogging the CPU but that is what it looks like. SO is there a
max number

of rows you can whack in a clist or is it the wrong widget type to use for displaying spooling messages?

Any help would be nice and if I have been a bit vague let me know and I will embellish s'more.
It probably takes some time to update the screen, you should probably
_freeze the clist, add a bunch of messages, and _thaw it.
I did something similar in a network monitor, that also needed to scroll
on new messages. What I did was have a timer that every 400-500ms
_thaw'ed the clist and scrolled the it to the last row, before that, I
simply added a row and scrolled the clist for every row. Using the timer
did dramatic things on CPU usage..

--
Nils Olav Selåsdal <NOS Utel no>
System Developer, UtelSystems a/s