Re: geometry calculation delayed until ... when?

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 06:18:51PM -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:
Hi,

So I think I understand that the size isn't actually known until some
event happens that forces calculation (like show()), but is there something
I can do besides drawing it in the incorrect location before moving it?
Each widget goes through several stages before it is actually displayed on
the screen. When a widget tree is "realized" its size is calculated, then
it is "mapped" which is when it is actually shown on the screen. So maybe
you try widget_realize() before you ask for the size.

Or is the above just fine?  I don't actually see it displayed in the
incorrect location then moved.
Redrawing is done in an idle handler in the main loop. So this moving of
windows will never show AFAIK.

Hope this is helps,
Axel.