geometry calculation delayed until ... when?

Hi,

Easy question I hope.

I'm fixing up gnome-session (gsm) for Xinerama support.  In case you
don't know, Xinerama is an extension that supports multi-head displays as
a single screen; it has several advantages over multi-screen multi-head.

I had patched gtk+gdk to be Xinerama aware but I think that currently
may not be the best way to go because libXinerama is only available as
a static archive.

So I added Xinerama awareness directly to gsm, but I am having a problem
with getting the geometry of a window/widget.