Re: geometry calculation delayed until ... when?

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 10:22:25AM +0100, Axel Simon wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 06:18:51PM -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:
Hi,

So I think I understand that the size isn't actually known until some
event happens that forces calculation (like show()), but is there something
I can do besides drawing it in the incorrect location before moving it?
Each widget goes through several stages before it is actually displayed on
the screen. When a widget tree is "realized" its size is calculated, then
it is "mapped" which is when it is actually shown on the screen. So maybe
you try widget_realize() before you ask for the size.

Or is the above just fine?  I don't actually see it displayed in the
incorrect location then moved.
Redrawing is done in an idle handler in the main loop. So this moving of
windows will never show AFAIK.

I tried both widget_realize() and widget_size_request().  Both get the
width correct but the height wrong.

So I'll just do the show() which gets both correct.

Thanks!
/fc