Re: widget position does not change after maximize, then unmaximize

21/12/02 10:17, Havoc Pennington wrote:

I would guess that old version of Sawfish fails to send the
ConfigureNotify event on unmaximize. I don't know of a good workaround
really, perhaps you could refetch the position whenever the window
resizes? Or just patch Sawfish. Note that some of the
get_origin/get_geometry/get_position/etc. functions use the latest
value received in ConfigureNotify and some round trip to the server,
by "refetch" I mean use whichever one is a round trip. The GTK 2.0
reference docs say which it is, should not have changed from 1.2.

OK, I've tried some things.

- gdk_window_get_position() is what I used originally. It exhibits the
symptoms I described in my initial post (i.e. it returns strange
values after maximize/unmaximize combo).

- gdk_window_get_geometry() does not work, it returns very strange
values and is basically useless.

- gdk_window_get_root_origin() and gdk_window_get_origin() seem to
work though. Is there any difference between these functions?

BTW, I tried this with both 0.38 and 1.0.1 versions of sawfish.

Thanks,
Pascal.