widget position does not change after maximize, then unmaximize

Hi,

I have a very strange problem.

I am using the sawfish window manager. When I start my application, it
opens a main window of size 600x420 with a DrawingArea widget. I've
made it so that clicking on the DrawingArea prints the absolute (x,y)
coordinate of the DrawingArea (i.e. the on-screen position of that
widget). To obtain this position I'm using a bit of code posted on
this list by (I think) Havoc Pennington.

Now, everything works fine except when I maximize and then unmaximize
my application window. After maximizing, the x coordinate of the
DrawingArea becomes 1 (as expected). But when unmaximizing (i.e. so
that the window returns to its original size), the x coordinate of the
DrawingArea is _still_ 1.

When I move the window around manually, i.e. by dragging it by its
title-bar, the coordinates become sensible again.

I am using gtk 1.2.9 and sawfish 0.38. Is this a known problem? Is
there a workaround?

TIA,
Pascal.