Re: widget position does not change after maximize, then unmaximize

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 03:29:55PM +0100, Pascal Haakmat wrote:
Now, everything works fine except when I maximize and then unmaximize
my application window. After maximizing, the x coordinate of the
DrawingArea becomes 1 (as expected). But when unmaximizing (i.e. so
that the window returns to its original size), the x coordinate of the
DrawingArea is _still_ 1.

When I move the window around manually, i.e. by dragging it by its
title-bar, the coordinates become sensible again.

I am using gtk 1.2.9 and sawfish 0.38. Is this a known problem? Is
there a workaround?

I would guess that old version of Sawfish fails to send the
ConfigureNotify event on unmaximize. I don't know of a good workaround
really, perhaps you could refetch the position whenever the window
resizes? Or just patch Sawfish. Note that some of the
get_origin/get_geometry/get_position/etc. functions use the latest
value received in ConfigureNotify and some round trip to the server,
by "refetch" I mean use whichever one is a round trip. The GTK 2.0
reference docs say which it is, should not have changed from 1.2.

Havoc