Re: Which widget or widgets to use

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 10:51:05PM +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:
On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 04:44, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
an empty entry box. I would like certain columns to act like a combo
box.

You can do this with a GtkTreeView and a GtkListView.

I am slightly confused. As I understood by the lack of documentation that
there is no way to have a combo box inside a TreeView or ListView. The
only renderers for cells are for Pixbufs, text entries and toggle buttons.
Furthermore GtkCombo is based on GtkList which is deprecated. I don't know
if that means that you shouldn't use GtkCombo, but it is another indicator
that combo boxed are kind of broken.

Am I mistaken?

Axel.