Re: Which widget or widgets to use

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 23:36, Axel Simon wrote:
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 10:51:05PM +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:
On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 04:44, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
an empty entry box. I would like certain columns to act like a combo
box.

You can do this with a GtkTreeView and a GtkListView.

I am slightly confused. As I understood by the lack of documentation that
there is no way to have a combo box inside a TreeView or ListView. The
only renderers for cells are for Pixbufs, text entries and toggle buttons.
Furthermore GtkCombo is based on GtkList which is deprecated. I don't know
if that means that you shouldn't use GtkCombo, but it is another indicator
that combo boxed are kind of broken.

GtkList is being deprecated for direct use, and the GtkCombo is supposed
to be being replaced but hasnt yet and that is why it still uses
GtkList's.  This may be why the GtkCombo cant be used in the
GtkTreeView.  However, you can have an editable cell.

If there is another application (i.e. gnumeric) that does it, why not
d/l the source and find out how they do it.  More than likely it is a
custom widget.

Am I mistaken?

Axel.

Regards,