Re: GTK+ app using the GNOME help browser?

<learfox furry ao net> writes:

I'm reviewing it and it appears to just call some programs with certain
arguments (ie ghelp).

If so, do you think I should write a library to do all this so that simple
GTK+ or non-GTK+ apps that don't want GNOME in their code can simple call
help browsers?

What is your opinion on this? I don't think every app should link to GNOME
but every app should have a way to call the help browser (not knowing what
it is, just whatever the system uses as default or on a preferances list).

libhelp?

The problem is that browsers look for different help formats in
different places (windows help, etc.)

So it's hard to abstract this or make it not gnome-specific.

At that point the answer is really to shrink gnome-libs to just the
stuff it should contain, so people don't find it objectionable.

Maybe the "scrollkeeper" project is interesting (search Google).

MHO only.

Havoc