Re: getting window manager borders from GtkWindow widgets.

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
We've done some work on adding API's to GTK+-2.0 to allow
setting the frame size, so at least applications get as good
emulation as possible on X, and may work properly on other
windowing systems.

We haven't actually implemented this yet though.

You guys are targetting GNOME 2 for Java right? So should be using GTK
1.3.x, the pre-GTK-2 stuff. Here I'm about to check in
gtk_window_set_size()/gtk_window_get_size(). We'd also like to have
gtk_window_set_frame_size()/gtk_window_get_frame_size() which would
set/get the size including the WM frame.

I already have gdk_window_get_frame_extents() which gets the size of
the GdkWindow including its frame (we need the GtkWindow wrapper
though, gtk_window_get_frame_size()), and the hard part is the
function that sets the frame size...

If you want to implement these, we'll put them in the toolkit, and
then the AWT peers can make use of them.

Havoc