getting window manager borders from GtkWindow widgets.

We are currently working on a Gtk+ port of the AWT peerset for embedded devices here at Sun and need to determine the border width (ie title bar height etc) of GtkWindows. This is needed becasue Java assumes the dimensions of a window include the border and Gtk does not. Does anyone know how I can get this information? I can't find anything suitable in the Gtk API and don't want to use X APIs as I would like to write purely to the Gtk APIs (allowing it to run on a frame buffer or even windows). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Nicholas Allen
Software Engineer

email: nicholas allen ireland sun com