Re: Manipulating Internal Images

On 25 Mar 2001 19:17:12 -0800, Al Morgan wrote:
I have a GdkPixmap image.  How can I resize it, and rotate it?  Are
there any routines built into GDK to do this?

Try GdkPixbuf. For rotation, I had to write my own code, but I think
that GdkPixbuf will scale a pixmap for you.

Also, I'm writing a map editor of sorts.  It will involve a large
[snip]
up an amount of RAM to make a difference?

Use a small canvas -- viewport-sized -- and render your map on the fly.
There is a max size for windows, 32kx32k pixels. And, a huge pixmap will
eat up lots of memory. A small map, redrawn on the fly, may actually
perform better, and will certainly be easier on memory.