Re: File Manager...

on 3/26/01 1:07 PM, Tony Preston at apreston k2nesoft com wrote:

I have to write something that will look like a file manager.  The one half
will be the linux disk, the other half will be to a file that is essentially
a simulation of a disk for an emulator I work on.  The idea is to transfer
files to/from the simulated disk to the real linux disk.

1) Does anyone know of code for a file manager type program (I could probably
adapt)?

2) Any suggestions on an easy way to do this?  The functions will be simple,
copy, move, delete... Alot can be done with the file requestor function.

Would something like Glade be the right way to design the interface?  Does
someone have a similar interface I might adapt?

One approach to this is to make a gnome-vfs module. If you do that, then you
can use Nautilus to view both your simulated disk and the real Linux disk
and to copy files between them.

Other programs that support gnome-vfs will be able to read files on your
simulated disk directly. So someone could write a gnome-vfs-based cp or ls,
or you could open files directly with a gnome-vfs-using text editor.

    -- Darin