Re: GtkText invisible

Carlos Pereira <carlos pehoe civil ist utl pt> writes:

In my opinion, a widget and its contents should always be visible
BY DEFAULT, if its sensitiveness is set to false. There should
be a simple way to make things invisible, but that should be
a programmer's decision, not a decision imposed by the toolkit.

Definitely not, one purpose of the toolkit is to make applications
consistent. I can think of no reason whatsoever why one app should be
different from another app in this respect.

So, in my opinion, the GtkEntry behaviour is right,
the Gtktext behaviour is wrong.

I don't have too much view on that, though I do tend to think that
following Windows is a good idea, because they spend lots of money on
user testing. Attempts to reason from first principles just aren't a
substitute for an empirical approach.

It'd be worth seeing what the Mac does here as well.

Havoc