Re: GtkText invisible

 I have a GtkText inside a container. When I make container sensitiveness
 false, text of GtkText is invisible. In other controls, like GtkEntry color
 changes to grey, but text doesn't disappear.

 What is reason of this?.

Windows works the same way, text disappears in insensitive widgets.

There's probably no rational explanation for GtkEntry and GtkText
behaving inconsistently with one another.

Havoc

In my opinion, a widget and its contents should always be visible
BY DEFAULT, if its sensitiveness is set to false. There should
be a simple way to make things invisible, but that should be
a programmer's decision, not a decision imposed by the toolkit.

You said that in GtkEntry the text is still visible after
setting its sensitiveness to false. I can add other examples:

1) in a drawing_area with sensitiveness set to FALSE, the
picture is still visible, though its events are frozen
(just tested this myself).

2) if the sensitiveness of a file_selection_widget is set to
FALSE, we can still see the files, directories, etc...
nothing is hidden, just turns... insensitive...
(again, just checked this)

3) in an option menu, a menu item with sensitiveness FALSE
is still visible.
etc...

So, in my opinion, the GtkEntry behaviour is right,
the Gtktext behaviour is wrong.

(This does NOT mean that Gtkentry text should always be visible
with sensitiveness set to FALSE, in most situations the answer
is no. I always put a gtk_entry_set_text (entry, "")
before a gtk_widget_set_sensitive (entry, FALSE))

Carlos