Re: gtk_widget_realize

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 08:10:33AM -0800 Jin Chen wrote:

Havoc Pennington ¼g¹D¡G

Jin Chen <jinc companionlink com> writes:

I found gtk_widget_realize used almost everywhere.
Can you tell me what's the purpose of thei function
and what kind of widgets can be invoked with it?

It's not generally useful, but you can call it on any widget.
It creates the X window resources associated with a widget.

Thank you. But I still wonder which kind of widgets must have
gtk_widget_realize called?
Jin

For example you have to realize is manually if you want to draw into a
widget->window with the gdk_draw_* functions. If the widget was not realized
then widget->window == NULL