Re: Glib2, GObject Question

Burra <burra colorado edu> writes:
1. Is the Win 32 and OS X functionality in glib and gtk work well?

win32 has people who keep it working, OS X is rumored to exist but is
not in the official version at all. (That said on the GLib level OS X
is almost the same as UNIX and we support lots of UNIX.)

My app
will do a lot of work with the file system, if we run into problems with
glib not supporting something like, for example, say lstat we need for
cross-platform reasons, how hard is it to submit a g_lstat to glib and
other functions that are useful to others?

It's not hard to submit, just put a patch in
bugzilla.gnome.org. However there will be lag between submitting and
using, because you will have to wait for the next GLib
release. Releases are normally at about 1-year intervals (with this
last one even longer than that).

2. I am very intrested in gobject, but am not sure if I am using it
properly. Are there any tutorials or apps which use Gobject, so I can
learn the proper way?

It's brand new, so basically no, the only reasonably simple to compile
examples are in Pango and GTK+.

Havoc