Glib2, GObject Question

Hello all,

I am about to develop a large cross-platform (win32, *nix, OS X)
application. I have two questions to ask about glib2, gobject:

1. Is the Win 32 and OS X functionality in glib and gtk work well? My app
will do a lot of work with the file system, if we run into problems with
glib not supporting something like, for example, say lstat we need for
cross-platform reasons, how hard is it to submit a g_lstat to glib and
other functions that are useful to others?

2. I am very intrested in gobject, but am not sure if I am using it
properly. Are there any tutorials or apps which use Gobject, so I can
learn the proper way?

Thanks all.