Re: Creating a non-popup window with little decoration

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:43:10AM -0800, Emmanuel Gravel wrote:
[...]
1- Anyone know how to do this in C++? I've looked
at GDK-- and tried using the functions, however the
Gtk::Window object I created doesn't seem to respond
to Gdk::Window commands. It easilly responds to
Gtk::Window and Gtk::Widget commands. I thought that
Gtk::Window inherited somewhat from Gdk::Window.

Widgets do not inherit from windows (some widgets even don't have a
window), but refer to one, which is exactly created when the widget
is realized. I don't know Gtk-- very much, but there is a method
Gtk::Widget::get_window, I guess this is what you need.

Sebastian