Re: color "scribble-simple" eats up all memory & crashes

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
Yes, the queue_draw() is a client-side thing that just sends a
synthetic expose to the drawing area. The backing pixmap set on the
GdkWindow is drawn by the server, when a real expose occurs.

I should add that queue_clear() does clear the background as the
server normally would.

In GTK 2 this is changed though, it does what you might expect and the
background always gets updated before your expose handler is called.

And I'll also add that in GTK 2 queue_clear() is useless and
deprecated, since queue_draw() is the same thing.

Havoc