Re: color "scribble-simple" eats up all memory & crashes
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang ultim net>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: color "scribble-simple" eats up all memory & crashes
- Date: 13 Feb 2001 23:50:52 -0500
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
Yes, the queue_draw() is a client-side thing that just sends a
synthetic expose to the drawing area. The backing pixmap set on the
GdkWindow is drawn by the server, when a real expose occurs.
I should add that queue_clear() does clear the background as the
server normally would.
In GTK 2 this is changed though, it does what you might expect and the
background always gets updated before your expose handler is called.
And I'll also add that in GTK 2 queue_clear() is useless and
deprecated, since queue_draw() is the same thing.
] [Thread Prev