Re: color "scribble-simple" eats up all memory & crashes

Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang ultim net> writes:

Regarding gtk_widget_queue_draw, I have tried to use it with a drawing area
having a backpixmap in its gdkwindow, and the gdkwindow is not updated when
it is called. I know this is a hack (for speed, and to avoid flickering) but
is there an explanation for this ?

Yes, the queue_draw() is a client-side thing that just sends a
synthetic expose to the drawing area. The backing pixmap set on the
GdkWindow is drawn by the server, when a real expose occurs.

In GTK 2 this is changed though, it does what you might expect and the
background always gets updated before your expose handler is called.

Havoc