Re: Still not understanding pixmaps vs RGBs

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 07:47, Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:

No, xine for instance is updating the entire screen, significantly
faster than I can do it using gdk. I think this is due to the
asynchronous nature of the screen updates.

Xine will also use the Xv extension of X which is hardware accelerated
for many video drivers. If you need speedy access to video why not look
at this or Xshm? Just crashing this thread, so sorry if my information
isn't very related :)

--
    Josh Green
    Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)