Re: threads and Sockets

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Oliver Buecker wrote:
Hello alltogether,
- my second problem is, I have an Client-Server-Programm.
    The Server is written in JAVA and the client in C (with gtk)
    What do I have to send on the socket of the client that the
            gdk_input_add      (socket, GDK_INPUT_READ,
                                                        input_callback,
                                                         NULL);
    is aktivated ???

Use g_io_add_watch (in glib.h).  I think using gdk_input_add is
discouraged.  You may want to check out gnet (www.gnetlibrary.org), a
network library built ontop of glib.

David

--
      __          _    __  David Helder - University of Michigan
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ /  dhelder umich edu