GLib-WARNING **: g_main_iterate(): main loop already active in another thread

Hi,

I'm currently working on a program which needs to modify the poll
function of the event loop with
    g_main_set_poll_func ()
but later, I need a modal dialog, the modal thing is done adding a
gtk_main() after having 'gtk_widget_show'ed it (a callback does a
gtk_main_quit()). The problem is that I get a warning continuously
displayed on the screen and I can't get the control of my app back....
annoying.
    GLib-WARNING **: g_main_iterate(): main loop already active in
another thread

I don't suspect my poll function to be the cause of the warning and I
don't see any obvious reason.
Do any of you have an idea?
thx,

Maxime