Re: [gthumb-list] Bug: EXIF orientation is broken after resize

the orientation field makes sense only in the original image, when you
create a new image it is better to reset it.

Sorry again but I don't understand this logic. I don't see how resetting
the orientation after a resize operation is useful to anyone. These are
two different things. My understanding is that gthumb should keep this
orientation when user ask for a resize.

Am I correct ?

No. The orientation tag is taken into account when the image is loaded into memory.

The resize happens on the image in memory.

It is then saved, overwriting the old file. The image is already oriented in the standard way.

To save it with your original orientation tag, another step would be required to rotate the image and copy the original tag. There is no advantage to adding that degree of complexity (and slowness).

The resulting image should look correct, of course. If it doesn't, there is a bug. But the orientation tag should be reset.

- Mike