Re: [gthumb-list] Why nonexistent file uri is not deleted in .catalog file?

Paolo,

On 28/01/13 10:17, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Il 27/01/2013 16:27, S S ha scritto:
Hi all,

Version: gthumb 3.0.2 with ubuntu gnome remix.
I am a new user to gthumb. actually not new. I always use gthumb to view
my photos, but never use gthumb to organzie photos.
Today I am trying to use gthumb to organize photos, then I meet some
questions.
After I delete image files by using gthumb or nautilus, the associated
"file uri" inside file ~/.local/share/gthumb/catalogs/<name>.catalog is
not deleted.
I tried to quit/restart gthumb and browse the catalog, the .catalog file
will never be updated.
Is this expected behavior? I just feel this is very werid. the catalog
file will get bigger and bigger with thousands of nonexistent file uris
once I start to use catalog and move/delete photos.

I agree this is not the optimal behaviour

Further to this it would be useful to be able to find out which
catalogues a particular image is in. I can't see an easy way to do this.

Perhaps you could consider using an SQLite database for catalogue
information instead of files? Just a thought.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082