Re: [gthumb-list] Why nonexistent file uri is not deleted in .catalog file?

Il 27/01/2013 16:27, S S ha scritto:
Hi all,

Version: gthumb 3.0.2 with ubuntu gnome remix.
I am a new user to gthumb. actually not new. I always use gthumb to view
my photos, but never use gthumb to organzie photos.
Today I am trying to use gthumb to organize photos, then I meet some
questions.
After I delete image files by using gthumb or nautilus, the associated
"file uri" inside file ~/.local/share/gthumb/catalogs/<name>.catalog is
not deleted.
I tried to quit/restart gthumb and browse the catalog, the .catalog file
will never be updated.
Is this expected behavior? I just feel this is very werid. the catalog
file will get bigger and bigger with thousands of nonexistent file uris
once I start to use catalog and move/delete photos.

I agree this is not the optimal behaviour

Another question is about tags. When I add tags to a image file with
gthumb, nautilus can see the tags. But when I add tags in nautilus, the
gthumb can not see the one added by nautilus. Is this expected?

I guess Nautilus reads the tags gThumb saves inside the image, while gThumb doesn't read the Nautilus tags because they are saved in an external DB.

I can browse different catalogs in the left sidebar of gthumb, is that
possible to browse tags in the left sidebar?

No, it is not possible at the moment, maybe in the future.

- Paolo