[gthumb-list] Why nonexistent file uri is not deleted in .catalog file?

Hi all,

Version: gthumb 3.0.2 with ubuntu gnome remix.
I am a new user to gthumb. actually not new. I always use gthumb to view my photos, but never use gthumb to organzie photos.
Today I am trying to use gthumb to organize photos, then I meet some questions.

After I delete image files by using gthumb or nautilus, the associated "file uri" inside file ~/.local/share/gthumb/catalogs/<name>.catalog is not deleted.
I tried to quit/restart gthumb and browse the catalog, the .catalog file will never be updated.
Is this expected behavior? I just feel this is very werid. the catalog file will get bigger and bigger with thousands of nonexistent file uris once I start to use catalog and move/delete photos.

Another question is about tags. When I add tags to a image file with gthumb, nautilus can see the tags. But when I add tags in nautilus, the gthumb can not see the one added by nautilus. Is this expected?

I can browse different catalogs in the left sidebar of gthumb, is that possible to browse tags in the left sidebar?

Thanks and Best Regards,
- sgon00