Re: [gthumb-list] Extremely slow loading of thumbnails

On 03/23/2012 07:41 AM, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
maybe among those 140 images there is one particular image that causes the problem, for
some reason generating the thumbnail for that image consumes a lot of memory.

Yes, I found a single image file that causes the problem to appear. The thumbnails appear in filename order (sort selection). I enabled debug messages (export GTHUMB_DEBUG=1), but see only the message:

[gthumb] gth-browser.c:1194 (load_data_done):
        LOAD READY: file:///casa/AllPix/E30/2011-06 [Ok]

The single image file as the first thumbnail to load does not does not cause the problem. It must be preceeded by other images.

I updated to the latest git master today.