[gthumb-list] HOWTO build gthumb trunk under ubuntu jaunty 9.04

Hi all,

I've written a small piece about the gthumb photo import function and about how to build the latest gthumb trunk version in Ubuntu Jaunty. It can be found on:

http://www.roalt.com/content/view/80/37/

For completeness, I also include the HOWTO part hereunder. Comments are welcome...

HOWTO install gthumb trunk on Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04

$ sudo apt-get install git-core autoconf libgnome2-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgnomeui-dev libexiv2-dev libglade2-dev gnome-common libgphoto2-2-dev libgnomedesktop2.20-cil gnome-devel

(it could be that not all packages above needs to be included as gnome-devel may already include those packages above, I added gnome-devel later to get all dependencies resolved)

(alternatives to get extra functionality:
   $ sudo apt-get install  libopenraw-dev
)
$ mkdir -p $HOME/src/gthumb_trunk
$ cd $HOME/src/gthumb_trunk

$ git clone git://git.gnome.org/gthumb

$ cd gthumb

$ ./autogen.sh

#Configuration:
#
#    Source code location:     .
#    Compiler:                 gcc
#    Have gdk-x11:             yes
#    Have XRender:             yes
#    Have XTest:               false
#    Have libtiff:             no
#    Have libgphoto:           yes
#    Have libopenraw:          no
#    Have gstreamer:           no
#    Use Mac OS X menu:        no

$ make
$ sudo make install
$ sudo ldconfig

The new gthumb version will be installed in /usr/local. To make sure you use this version, you could de-install the default gthumb version via synaptic. Check the Gthumb photo import screen to see if you have the above functionality.

Roalt