Future direction of DMAP plugin

The DMAP plugin currently behaves in a straightforward way, given the
nature of the DMAP protocol: it presents media (currently music only)
as a flat list, and it is up to the application to add some structure by
later organizing using each song's data (e.g., album, artist, or title).

Now that I am writing my own application, it seems like it might be
more convenient/consistent if the DMAP plugin imposed some (artificial,
with respect to the DMAP protocol itself) structure on the media it
finds. That is, I like the way the Jamendo plugin presents Artists,
Albums, Feeds; then a list of each; and then the songs themselves.

Would it make sense if I modified the DMAP plugin to behave more like
Jamendo?

Thanks,

--
Mike