Re: Future direction of DMAP plugin

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 00:55 -0500, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
Now that I am writing my own application, it seems like it might be
more convenient/consistent if the DMAP plugin imposed some
(artificial,
with respect to the DMAP protocol itself) structure on the media it
finds. That is, I like the way the Jamendo plugin presents Artists,
Albums, Feeds; then a list of each; and then the songs themselves.

Would it make sense if I modified the DMAP plugin to behave more like
Jamendo?

For me, it would make sense.

Also, you can still allow the flat list through the search: doing a
search of a NULL text means "search all the content". If a source
implements it, it just return the list of all media.

        J.A.