Question about paginated browsing

I am working on a menu-based media player that makes use of Grilo. I am
trying to provide the ability to play, for example, from Jamendo. My
application uses set_skip and set_count to download a subset of the
media information provided by Jamendo, and then it presents this list
to the user, along with a "more..." option. Selecting the more option
repeats the process, getting the next page.

My question is this: how do I know if I should present the more option?
The count functions all return GRL_METADATA_KEY_CHILDCOUNT_UNKNOWN
when working with Jamendo, and so the remaining option that is passed
to my browse_cb is not useful until it is 0 (from what I can tell). 0
indicates that only the current "page" is complete, not whether or not
there is more information available.

Of course, if browse_cb's remaining goes to 0 before I receive "set_count"
items, then I know I am done. However, if it goes to zero after receiving
"set_count" items, then I don't know where I stand.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

--
Mike