Re: Expectations for Grilo plugins that require passwords

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 08:53 +0200, Iago Toral Quiroga wrote:

> So, this GrlData the user would receive is empty, except for that
> password-protected-data metadata key... basically, users must know
> that
> they have to check for this metadata when they receive GrlData objects
> that do not contain the data they expected?. If we want to go this way
> I'd rather return an error, I think it is a more convenient way to
> inform the user about this special situation...

Actually, that 'protected' key would be in the GrlBox you browse, not in
the content returned when you browse it.

That is, if you browse the root container to get the list of shares,
besides the standard keys (title, childcount, and so forth), you would
get also the protected key, telling if the content in that folder is
protected or not.

So if a folder is protected and you try to navigate through it without a
password, then you'll get no children, and maybe and error too telling
the reason.

The idea was to inform the user they will find protected content without
needing to do a real browse to get the error.

	J.A.