Re: Expectations for Grilo plugins that require passwords

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 06:10:03AM +0000, Iago Toral wrote:

> FWIW, I think the same. My vote would be to put this signal in core.

Juan and I were talking about the issue a couple days ago. Juan proposed
another option: add a new meta-data like PASSWORD-PROTECTED-DATA. So the
source could stamp that to the GrlData that requires password in order to
fetch it.

When the application receives a GrlData with that meta-data, it can react as
it wishes.

With this model we will not lose the asynchronous mechanism, which is one the
strengths of grilo. If we use a signal for each protected share, we would
block the grilo's operation meanwhile the user decides what to do with it.

Also this approach is very little intrusive to the code in comparison with the
signal one.

Later on we could add a helper library, for handling password's dialogues or a
fancy signaling mechanism.

vmjl