Macros, recording keylogger to macros

I'm new here, I looked thru the index for the user manual and didn't find anything specifically for macros. I worked with DOS spreadsheets, and they had the ability to create a macro from recorded keystrokes. It was a great feature to automate repetitive tasks it was simple. If and error was made the recording could be edited. There was the ability to step thru the recording to find the error. It was a sought after feature in spreadsheets and word processors. Now it seems if you want to anything with macros you have to be a programmer. I don't need to add anything to my resume, I'm retired. Sorry for the verbiage.

I guess the question is will Gnumeric let me record keystrokes for a macro and edit them?

Larry