Re: language settings in gnumeric on Windows

El dc 15 de 10 de 2014 a les 15:37 +0200, en/na Jakob Müller va
escriure:
Hi everybody,

I was really sad to hear that the windows branch of gnumeric is discontinued
due to all those inconveniencies you’ve experienced.

However, I’ve got a question on the language settings on the last working
windows version: I need dots instead of commas for the graphs of a
publication, but I’m working with the German version of gnumeric.

In the linux-branch, different language settings can be applied by the
command

 LC_NUMERIC="en" gnumeric (or „de“ for the german version)

to start gnumeric with different language settings and allow a change from
dot to comma and vice versa.

However, I don’t know how to start gnumeric with different language settings
on Windows. Is there a possibility to create a shortcut with an addition in
the “execute in”-line to create the same effect?

You may try to create a .bat file like:

set LC_NUMERIC=en
C:\path\to\gnumeric.exe

Also if the above doesn't work, you might try to create an environmental
variable called LC_NUMERIC with value en  or C

Beware that general env vars might affect other apps too.

You could also experiment with the LC_ALL variable in case LC_NUMERIC
doesn't do what you want.

HTH
Pere