language settings in gnumeric on Windows

Hi everybody,

I was really sad to hear that the windows branch of gnumeric is discontinued due to all those inconveniencies you’ve experienced.

However, I’ve got a question on the language settings on the last working windows version: I need dots instead of commas for the graphs of a publication, but I’m working with the German version of gnumeric.

In the linux-branch, different language settings can be applied by the command

 LC_NUMERIC="en" gnumeric (or „de“ for the german version)

to start gnumeric with different language settings and allow a change from dot to comma and vice versa.

However, I don’t know how to start gnumeric with different language settings on Windows. Is there a possibility to create a shortcut with an addition in the “execute in”-line to create the same effect?

I tried to install gnumeric without any translations (just the English version), but ended up with commas anyway.

Best regards

Jakob

Jakob M. Müller, M.Sc.

Chair of Fermentation Engineering