Re: Graph for stocks (share market) in Open-High-Low-Close candlesticks format

On 13/04/2013, Vineet Deodhar <vineet deodhar gmail com> wrote:
Hi !
I am new to gnumeric.
I found it very fast, so trying to assess how useful it might be be for my
purpose.

I wish to draw chart from shares data in "Open-High-Low-Close" format.
In other spreadsheet softwares, "stock - OHLC" format is there by default
(aka japanese candlesticks).
In gnumeric, I did not find it.

I opened one file saved by MS Excel containing candlestick chart and opened
it in gnueric.
It shows the chart correctly. That means gnumeric can display candlesticks.
But .... configuration options are very limited (I can't configure the
source data).
How do I configure it in gnumeric?
(I have attached the file in .xls format. Pl. open it in gnumeric).

Thanks,

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

I may be totally wrong here so feel free to shoot me down, but isn't
this what Gnumeric calls MinMax chart type?

Thanks
Tim

--
Course View Towers,