Re: Graph for stocks (share market) in Open-High-Low-Close candlesticks format

Le samedi 13 avril 2013 à 15:32 +0530, Vineet Deodhar a écrit :
Hi !
I am new to gnumeric.
I found it very fast, so trying to assess how useful it might be be
for my purpose.

I wish to draw chart from shares data in "Open-High-Low-Close" format.
In other spreadsheet softwares, "stock - OHLC" format is there by
default (aka japanese candlesticks).
In gnumeric, I did not find it.

It's called MinMax Plot. Most of classical stock plots need a mix of
several plots in Gnumeric.

I opened one file saved by MS Excel containing candlestick chart and
opened it in gnueric.
It shows the chart correctly. That means gnumeric can display
candlesticks.
But .... configuration options are very limited (I can't configure the
source data).
How do I configure it in gnumeric?

Configuration options are not so limited. Right click on the chart, and
select Properties. In the dialog, select the Series, then the Data tab.
There you can set the data.
For open/close data, use a Dropbar plot.

Hope this helps.
Jean

(I have attached the file in .xls format. Pl. open it in gnumeric).

Thanks,

Vineet