From: Thomas P. Medill
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:13 PM
To: 'gnumeric-list gnome org'
Subject: UPDATE ON: Autocomplete and DropDown box issues

Results of further experimentation with Autocomplete:

- Autocomplete sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. All sorts of seemingly unrelated actions cause it to stop
working, sometimes for good, sometimes for short periods. I read everything I could find in the bug reports
and manuals; some of it confirms my problem.

- Does not work on "referenced" values, but only on cells with the actual text string.

- Match is case sensitive (some of my earlier attempts failed because of this).

- Immediately after trying something that doesn't work (like a non-matching case), next try at autocomplete
will fail. Try once more, and it works.

Thanks,
Tom