Re: Fwd: Gnumeric: Help Required

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 18:58 +0530, Ujjwal Joshi wrote:
Are we considering probability distribution function for simulation.
Other tools consider the type of distribution the data is following
while simulating the data,please suggest. I require to use simulation
with correlation and regression.

Simulation analysis is described in the Gnumeric Manual at

http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/doc/sect-advanced-analysis-simulation-intro.shtml

For the simulation you are usually using a random number generating
function  RAND.... You have a choice of a large number of random number
functions that create random variates from various probability
distributions.

Andreas

--
Andreas Guelzow <aguelzow pyrshep ca>