Re: Reading/ Writing GNU XML format

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Steve Swann wrote:

Once I receive the file at the Webserver I intend to read the
XML file and upload the spreadsheet contents to a database. I
piloted this approach and all seemed to go very well until I
discovered that formula are represented in the cell element
value as only a formula descriptor . The problem with that is
that I cannot easily determine the value of the cell...

See the recent discussion of this point that started with a
posting by John Machin:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gnumeric-list gnome org/msg01772.html

Some of us would like to see formula results written into in
gnumeric files but the developers don't like this idea.

Allin Cottrell